How to use Community Analytics
This cohort chart shows the following info:
- The x-axis shows the dates, per week
- The y-axis shows how many members have been active in the past 28 days
Other menu items
- The homepage shows you the high level overview of your community.
- The members overview is where you'd go if you want to find out how your members are doing.
- The posts overview shows recent posts and threads, giving you a full overview on what's happening.
- The charts show the trends in your community. They allow click-through to quickly zoom in on anomalies you might encounter.
- Cohort Analysis
- The cohort chart group users based on their join date. Allowing for very powerful comparisons between yearly quarters.
- The leaderboard shows your topmost members/posts based on various criteria.
- The report view can be used for reporting purposes, it shows historic values that should not change anymore (though there are some exceptions in case of deleted posts/members, imported data etc.)
- The categories overview allows you to compare the performance of the various categories and subforums
- Search allows you to find users and posts based on several categories, tags, cohorts and a free text search
- Clicking the question mark provides you with a contextual help overlay.
What is a cohort chart?
Cohort Analysis is an advanced way of looking at data that we hope will aid tremendously with insights in your community. Please see this excellent blog by Luna Metrics for a terrific introduction in Google's cohort analysis tool